Tater Tot Hot Dish
This hearty casserole dish is cheesy, loaded with veggies, meat and the star of the show, Tater Tots!
If you live in the Midwestern region of the United States, particularly in Minnesota or North Dakota, you have to have Tater Tot Hot Dish in your meal rotation.
This dish is so easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients on hand. This hearty casserole dish is cheesy, loaded with veggies, meat and the star of the show, Tater Tots!
There are many variations on this recipe but most all contain canned cream of soup and of course the Tots!
Here is my version of this classic favorite.
TATER TOT HOT DISH
- 1 & 1/2 pounds Ground Turkey or Beef
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (32 oz.) package Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 (16 oz.) package Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Cups Marble Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cans of Soup and the Soy Sauce. Set aside.
3. Add the Ground Turkey and Onions to a large skillet and cook just until the Turkey is no longer pink.
4. Drain the Ground Turkey then spread evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
5. Pour and spread the Soup mixture evenly over the Ground Turkey.
6. Next spread the frozen Vegetables over the Soup layer.
7. Now layer the Tater Tots in even rows on top of the Vegetables as you see here.
8. Place the Hot Dish in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes. You want the Hot Dish to be bubbly and the Tots to be golden Brown.
9. Remove the Hot Dish from the oven and sprinkle the Cheese over the top of the Tots. Place the Dish back in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the Cheese is melted.
10. Give your Pepper Mill a few good turns over the top of the melted Cheese and you are ready to serve!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker