White Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bars
A twist on traditional Brownies using White Chocolate and Red Candied Cherries.
My husband doesn’t like nuts in Brownies so I decided to add Candied Cherries to my recipe instead. They turned out to be a great flavor combination with the White Chocolate.
By adding more or less of the Red Food Coloring to the Frosting, you can achieve the color you desire. I like a deep cherry pink color on these Bars but if you want a deep Red color, just add more food coloring to the Frosting recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY BROWNIE BARS
Brownie Bar Ingredients:
- 1 (12 oz.) Bag White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Red Candied Cherries, diced
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Grenadine
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 5-6 Drops of Red Food Coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick baking spray, set aside.
3. Over low heat, melt the Butter and White Chocolate Chips in a medium/large saucepan. Stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Once all the Chips are melted, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl combine the Flour and Salt. Next add the Eggs, Vanilla and Sugar to the melted Chocolate Chip mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon. Now add in the Flour mixture and stir well to combine. Lastly, stir in the Red Cherries.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check your bars at the 25 minute mark. You are looking for golden brown edges and a toothpick inserted in the center to come out clean.
6. Allow the Bars to cool completely.
7. Time to make the Frosting! In a medium bowl add the Butter and pop in the microwave for 30-60 seconds just to melt the Butter.
8. Whisk in the Powdered Sugar, Grenadine and Cream with the melted Butter.
9. Now add in the Red Food Coloring. The number of drops will determine how Red the Frosting will be. I like a sort of deep pink color for my Bars but you can go more Red or less depending on what you like. Ensure everything is well combined and smooth.
10. Use a frosting spatula and frost the Brownie Bars evenly.
11. Slice the bars however you wish. I sliced mine in 4 x4 squares.
Store leftovers in a covered container.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker