Raspberry Red Velvet Bars
These bars have four layers which includes a Raspberry filling and a sprinkle of White Chocolate on top.
With the help of a box mix these Bars are very easy to make and have layers of flavor.
RASPBERRY RED VELVET BARS
- 1 Red Velvet Boxed Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 (4 & 1/2 serving size) White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 (12 oz.) Can Raspberry Pastry Filling
- 1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Bakers White Chocolate Bar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
3. Mix together the Cake Mix, Canola Oil and Eggs with a handheld mixer. The batter will become pretty thick as you see here because we are making bars, not a cake.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Press the batter into the bottom of the pan. Because the batter is so thick it tends to stick to your spatula so I use, oiled or buttered hands to press the batter down evenly all the way to the edges as you see here.
5. Place the baking pan in the oven and set the timer for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes check to see if the bars are done using a toothpick inserted in the center. If it comes out clean the bars are done. If you need additional cooking time set the timer for 3 more minutes and continue to bake. Again, check to ensure the bars are done. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Mix the softened Cream Cheese and the Powdered Sugar together with a hand held mixer until smooth. Spread the Cream Cheese mixture over the cooled Bars out to the edges. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Next spread the Raspberry Pastry filling on top of the Cream Cheese layer.
8. Whisk together the Pudding with one cup Milk until thick then fold in the Cool Whip.
9. Spread the Cool Whip/Pudding mixture over the Raspberry mixture.
10. Use a cheese grater to create White Chocolate Shavings. We only need about 1/4 Cup. Sprinkle the Chocolate Shavings on top of the Cool Whip layer.
11. Serve right away or put the pan of Bars in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Also, store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker