Pineapple Broccoli Slaw
Add a little tropical flavor to Broccoli Slaw.
Change up the same old Cole Slaw recipe and try this Pineapple Broccoli Slaw instead. This is a great side dish with Ham, Chicken or Fish.
Need to bring a salad to a summer picnic or need a salad for the buffet table? This is a good option because there is no creamy dressing in this recipe that can go bad if left out too long.
Give this colorful Slaw a try!
PINEAPPLE BROCCOLI SLAW
- 1 (10 oz.) package Broccoli Slaw
- 1 (20 oz.) can Pineapple Chunks in 100% Juice, drained but reserve the Juice
- 2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, diced
- 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice (reserved from above)
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly Grated Ginger
1. In a large salad bowl, add the Broccoli Slaw, drained Pineapple Chunks, grated Ginger and the diced Green Onions. Set aside. tip: If you have never used Fresh Ginger before, an easy way to peel it is to use a spoon. Then simply use a cheese grater to get the grated consistency you want.
2. Time to make the Dressing. In a medium size mason jar, add the Olive Oil, 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice and the Sesame Oil. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously.
3. Now pour the Dressing over the Broccoli Slaw mixture in the bowl. Sprinkle the Sesame Seeds on top and stir everything together until well combined.
Refrigerate any leftovers and stir well prior to serving again.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker