Eggnog Bundt Cake
Rich flavors of Eggnog make this Cake perfect for the Holiday season.
This cake is very easy to make, even though it is from scratch. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand, so pick up some Eggnog and give this recipe a try!
EGGNOG BUNDT CAKE
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Eggnog
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Rum Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Flour
- Green and Red Candied Cherries for decoration
- 2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Eggnog
- 1/4 Teaspoon Rum Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt Pan with Baking Spray and set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl stir together the Flour, Salt and Baking Powder with a fork. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer beat the Butter until creamy.
4. Mix in the Granulated Sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
5. Add Eggs, Vanilla and Rum Extract and mix until combined.
6. Slowly begin to blend in the Flour mixture, about 1 cup at a time and alternate with the Eggnog until both are well combined into the batter.
7. Pour the Batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. You are looking for a golden brown color and the Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the Cake comes out clean.
8. Allow the Cake to cool completely in the pan then invert onto a Cake plate.
9. Time to make the Glaze. In a medium bowl combine all the Glaze ingredients using a handheld mixer to blend. Continue to beat on medium speed until the Glaze is smooth.
10. Drizzle the Glaze on the top of the Cake and allow it to run down the sides as you see here. This Glaze is a bit thicker so it may take a few moments for the Glaze to trickle down the sides.
11. Place the Candied Cherries around the bottom edge and allow the Glaze to drizzle over them.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker