Creamy Hash Browns with Ham
Baked Hash Browns with Cheese, Ham, and Bacon. Need I say more!
These Potatoes are oh so creamy and full of flavor.
Leftover Ham? Try this recipe. This dish can be served as an entree, a side dish or add it to your brunch buffet
This recipe is very easy to make and the leftovers are fabulous!
CREAMY HASH BROWNS WITH HAM
- 3 & 1/2 Cups Diced Cooked Ham
- 6 Slices Maple Bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 (24 oz.) package Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 1 Cup Diced Red, Orange or Yellow Peppers
- 1 (10.5 oz.) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Marble Jack Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Honey Mustard
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Add the Onions, Peppers and Butter to a saute pan and cook over medium/low heat until the Onions are translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Sour Cream, Mustard and Cream of Chicken Soup. Give your Pepper mill a few good turns over the Soup mixture and also whisk it into the mixture. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl combine the Potatoes, Ham, 2 Cups of the Cheese, the cooked Onions and Peppers, and the Soup mixture. Once again, give your Pepper mill a few good turns over all, and fold the ingredients together.
6. Transfer the Potato mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the mixture out evenly as you see here.
7. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and put it in the preheated oven. Set the timer for 45 minutes.
8. After 45 minutes, remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil. Now Sprinkle the remaining Cheese evenly over the top of the Potatoes. Then sprinkle the Bacon and Green Onions on top of the Cheese as you see here.
9. Now place the baking dish back in the oven, uncovered, and set the timer for 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes, remove the Potatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. The Potatoes will be piping hot so a 5 minute rest should allow for easier serving.
11. These Potatoes are very creamy and the flavor combination smells so good as you are serving these up. They are great the next day for leftovers as well. I served these at dinner and the next morning we had the leftovers for breakfast!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker