Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cake
This is a moist Cake recipe with the flavors of Chocolate Mint.
With the help of a box Cake mix, you can create this minty chocolate goodness in no time!
I love the color of this Cake. Great to make for Christmas or St Patrick’s Day gatherings. Of course you can make it anytime of the year and enjoy it!
CHOCOLATE CREME DE MENTHE CAKE
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Andes Chocolate Crème De Menthe Pieces
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half
- 2 Teaspoons Green Food Coloring
- 2 Teaspoons Mint Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with nonstick baking spray set aside.
3. In a large bowl add the Cake Mix, Water, Eggs and Oil. Mix on low speed until moistened, then mix on high speed for 2 more minutes, scraping the sides.
4. Stir in 1 Cup of the Andes Chocolate Crème De Menthe Pieces into the batter, then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. All ovens cook differently so check the Cake at 20 minutes then add more time as needed.
6. While Cake is cooling, you can prepare the frosting.
7. In a large bowl beat together the Cream Cheese and the Butter until fluffy. Add the Mint Extract and mix until well combined.
8. Add the Half & Half and the Powdered Sugar to the Cream Cheese mixture. Mix until the Frosting is smooth.
9. Lastly, beat in the Food Coloring until the Frosting is uniform in color.
10. Frost the completely cooled Cake using a Frosting spatula, then sprinkle 1/2 Cup Andes Chocolate Crème De Menthe Pieces on top.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker