Chicken Tomato Rice Soup
Nothing better than homemade Soup on a cold day!
Soup is one of the best comfort foods and this one is filling, and full of flavor. Tomatoes, Rice and Chicken are such a great combination, and even better in a hearty soup.
CHICKEN TOMATO RICE SOUP
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Can (46 oz.) V-8 Tomato Juice, you can get the spicy V-8 if you prefer a little kick
- 1 Medium Onion, diced and sautéed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 (14.5 oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 Large Red Pepper, roasted and diced
- 2 Tablespoons Montreal Chicken Spice
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Cooked White Rice
1. In a medium skillet sauté the Onions in the Olive Oil until tender. Then add them to the slow cooker.
2. Next add the Tomato Juice, Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper, Canned Tomatoes, Montreal Chicken Spice and Pepper to the slow cooker and stir all ingredients together.
3. Set the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours. Continue to stir the Soup, every hour or so as it cooks. The newer slow cookers cook at a higher heat than the older models, so look for the soup to be slightly bubbly-not boiling and the Chicken to be cooked.
4. When the Chicken is done, stir in the cooked Rice and continue to cook for another 15-18 minutes, just until everything is heated through.
Serve this Soup piping hot with a nice crusty baguette on the side.
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker