Bloody Mary Chicken Soup
The flavors of a spicy Bloody Mary, give this Chicken Soup a kick!
For this recipe, you can adjust the amount of Hot Sauce to your taste. My husband loves extra spicy so I added in about 30 drops of Hot Sauce. I suggest you start with 10 drops and then take it from there. You can always add more but you can’t remove it!
My husband felt a cold coming on so I decided to make him this Soup, he also loves Bloody Mary’s, so this is what I came up with.
This hearty Soup is perfect for a weekend lunch. It will warm you right up!
BLOODY MARY CHICKEN SOUP
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Cups Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 Cups Clamato Juice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) Can Petite Diced Tomatoes w/juice
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Red Onion, Diced
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Brown Rice, cooked
- Juice and Zest from 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 12-20 Drops Tabasco Sauce, add more if you want extra spicy
- 1/2 Cup Vodka-optional
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. In a large skillet, add the Oil, Onions and Celery. Saute on medium heat until the Vegetables are tender. Transfer the Vegetables into your slow cooker.
2. Place the remaining ingredients, except the Rice, into the slow cooker. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
3. Set the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. All slow cookers cook differently. The newer slow cookers cook at a higher heat level so you need to know how your slow cooker works and adjust the heat and time accordingly. I have several slow cookers. I used a newer model for this recipe and my Soup was done in about 3 1/2 hours on high temp.
4. An hour before your Soup is done, stir in the Rice. Continue to cook for the remaining hour.
Serve this with little Grilled Cheese Sliders or Garlic Toast and maybe a beer back! A nice lager perhaps?
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker