A refreshing drink perfect for a hot summer day!
I prepare my Watermelon in the morning and then I can be outdoors playing Frisbee or Jarts with the neighbors, then when afternoon rolls around, we can take a break from the sun and heat with a refreshing cocktail!
This recipe will make about four 8 ounce glasses.
- 1 Small Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Rum
- Juice from 2 small Limes
- 1/2 Tablespoon Raw Honey
1. Cut the Watermelon in half.
2. Scoop out the Watermelon from the rind with a spoon. Drop spoonfuls of the watermelon onto a baking sheet or a cake pan. We don’t want too big of chunks because we are going to freeze the Watermelon and then put it in the blender. We are going to need about 4 Cups frozen Watermelon, since Watermelon sizes vary so much you may have extra.
3. Reserve any leftover Watermelon Juice. We won’t need it in this recipe but it is great to add into your morning smoothie!
4. Cover the Watermelon halves and place them in the refrigerator.
5. Cover the Watermelon chunks and put the pan in the freezer for about 2 hours or until completely frozen.
6. Add the Rum, Honey, Coconut Milk, Lime Juice, and the Watermelon into your blender. Blend until you have a slushy consistency. If your Watermelon was extremely juicy, you can add a few ice cubes into the blender to get a more slushy consistency.
7. You can serve the Watermelon Cooler in the Watermelon halves. I would cut a bit off the bottom if you are going to do so. This will help the Watermelon stand and not roll away!
8. Of course if your Watermelon is oddly shaped, or too round, you may opt for simply using a glass.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker