This is a bold Soup with a spicy kick.
Although this recipe calls for Smoked Chicken, you can substitute rotisserie Chicken or even use leftover Chicken Breast just pull the Chicken to get the texture called for in this Soup.
SPICY SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SOUP
- 3 Cups Smoked Cooked Pulled Chicken
- 5 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 3/4 Cup Diced Celery, include green leafy tops
- 2 Cups Cooked Wild Rice
- 2 Cups Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Cilantro, rough chop, loosely packed
- 2 Jalapenos, diced, with seeds
- 1 & 1/3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Southwest Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Nothing better than homemade Soup on a cold day!
Make this in your slow cooker and serve it with a side salad and rustic bread.
CHICKEN TOMATO RICE SOUP RECIPE
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Can (46 oz.) V-8 Tomato Juice
- 1 Medium Onion, diced and sautéed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 (14.5 oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Montreal Chicken Spice
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Cooked Rice