A delicious Shrimp Dip with a little zing!
Easy to make and can be prepared hours ahead of time. Just serve with crackers, veggie sticks or pita triangles.
- 8 Ounce Cream Cheese, softened
- 12 Ounces Extra Small Shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, tail off ( 100-150)
- 2 Small Stalks Green Onions, diced
- Lemon Zest from Half a Lemon
- Juice from Half a Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Tabasco
1. In a medium size bowl, mix the Cream Cheese, Chili Sauce, Tabasco Sauce, Lemon Juice and Zest with a hand mixer until smooth.
2. Fold in the Green Onion, set aside.
3. Cut each cooked Shrimp in half and then fold into the Cream Cheese mixture. You want the Shrimp to be prominent in the Dip but not so large that it is hard to get on the Crackers or to dip Veggies into. I prefer using this size Shrimp and then cutting them, as opposed to using Cocktail Shrimp. I think the flavor is better than Cocktail Shrimp and the size looks more bountiful in the Dip.
4. Place your Shrimp Dip into a nice serving dish then cover and refrigerate at least and hour before serving so the flavors can marry. You can also prepare the Dip several hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Make this Shrimp Dip for your next gathering. This Dip has a little zing to it and I am sure you will get rave reviews on the flavor!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker