Sashimi Style Tuna
If you like Sashimi, give this recipe a try.
You will be surprised how easy Sashimi is to make. No need to go to a Japanese restaurant when you can make Sashimi at home.
If you are not that skilled in making sushi rolls, try going the Sashimi route. No rolling needed! Still all the great flavors of a Tuna roll. Add a bit more of the Chili Oil if you like yours with more zing. My husband always adds a bit more on his, he is the king of spicy!
Sashimi is a great appetizer or lite lunch.
SASHIMI STYLE TUNA
- 1 LB. Fresh Tuna (make sure you purchase sushi grade tuna)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Chili Oil
- 2 Green Onion Stems, diced
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Rinse Tuna under cold water, then drain well.
2. Slice Tuna into 1/2 inch cubes or strips then place in a covered glass bowl in the refrigerator for 1 Hour.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate glass bowl and also refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, combine the Tuna and other ingredients together in a larger glass bowl, cover and refrigerate for an additional 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and stir well. Serve immediately.
Serve Tuna with these condiments: Soy Sauce, Wasabi and Pickled Ginger.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker