Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Cookies are loaded with Sweet Chocolate Chips and Salty Pretzel pieces.
The sweet and salty trend continues. I made these the other day and they were a big hit. Salted caramel or salted chocolate desserts are all the rage right now. Take your Chocolate Chip Cookies to a new level by adding Salted Pretzels pieces and just a touch of Himalayan Sea Salt on top.
SALTED PRETZEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 & 1/4 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs plus 1 Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 (12 oz.) Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Salted Pretzels Pieces
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, stir together the Flour, Baking Soda and Salt with a fork. Set aside.
3. With a handheld mixer, cream together the Butter, Sugar and Brown Sugar.
4. Add the Vanilla, Eggs and Yolk to the creamed Butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
5. Slowly add the Flour mixture into the Butter mixture. Put about 1 cup in at a time to mix, otherwise you will have Flour all over your kitchen.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl and when the Cookie dough has all come together, stir in the Chocolate Chips and the Pretzel Pieces.
7. Drop the Dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Mine took exactly nine minutes in my oven.
9. Remove from oven when done, and immediately sprinkle them with the Himalayan Pink Sea Salt. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a cookie rack to cool completely.
10. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker