Salsa Chicken Thighs Recipe
Looking for a new Chicken Thigh recipe? Give this one a try….
This recipe creates very moist, almost fall off the bone chicken, that is full of flavor.
Serve with Spanish Rice or a Corn Salad and you will have a fabulous meal!
SALSA CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cups Salsa
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine (I used a Cabernet)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Spray a 9 x 14 Baking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the Salsa, Brown Sugar, Dijon Mustard and the Red Wine and set aside.
3. Add the Oil to a large skillet. Over medium high heat, brown the Chicken Thighs skin side down, then transfer them to the prepared baking dish, with skin side up.
4. Pour the Salsa mixture over all the Chicken Thighs.
5. Place the Chicken Thighs in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check for an internal temperature of 165-170 on your meat thermometer to ensure they are done.
6. When the Chicken Thighs are done, remove from oven and cover the pan with foil and allow them to rest for 4-5 minutes before serving.
Serve on a bed of shredded Lettuce with a dollop of Sour Cream on top. A side of Spanish Rice or a Corn Salad also compliment this entree.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker