Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Butternut Squash is full of nutrients and is a winter Squash variety so it is only available at certain times of the year.
When selecting a Butternut Squash at the market, look for the stem to be intact, it should be heavy for its size and it should not have any cracks or soft spots on it.
Butternut Squash is a great to serve with pork, roasted chicken or turkey.
Here is an easy recipe for roasting Butternut Squash, that really brings out the flavor.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese five Spice Powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel the Butternut Squash, then cut it in half and scoop out the seeds.
3. Cut the Butternut Squash into 1 inch pieces and put them on a baking sheet.Drizzle the Butternut Squash with Olive Oil and the Maple Syrup then sprinkle the Chinese Five Spice Powder over all. Stir well so all the pieces are coated.
4. Roast the Butternut Squash for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender. Stir the Squash every 10-15 minutes so it does not stick to the pan and it roasts all the pieces evenly.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker