Red Wine Vinaigrette
Make your own Red Wine Vinaigrette to add a special flair to your salad.
I throw together the most basic Salad ingredients because the star of this show, is the Vinaigrette. This Vinaigrette adds a nice zing to a bed of simple mixed greens.
I have been trying to make a lot more Salad Dressings and Vinaigrettes at home lately. You will always know what the ingredients are, no fillers or things you can’t pronounce included in the ingredients. Fresh is best!
If you have never made your own Vinaigrette, give this recipe a try. It is very easy and only takes a few minutes. You really can taste the difference. You can keep this Vinaigrette in your refrigerator for up to a week.
RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine, I used a Merlot
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Dijon Mustard
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the Red Wine, Vinegar and the Dijon Mustard.
2. Next whisk in the Garlic. Add in a pinch of Salt and give your pepper mill a few good turns. Now whisk all together.
3. Slowly add in the Olive Oil as you continually whisk the Vinaigrette.
4. Pour the Vinaigrette into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake the Vinaigrette well, prior to serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I serve this over a very basic salad consisting of Mixed Greens, Red Onion and Tomatoes. Then I add a little cracked pepper on top. Superb!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker