Ranch Potato Salad
This creamy Potato Salad pairs well with spicy barbecue dishes.
For this recipe I added Radishes and Green Pepper. These two vegetables are not just for green salads. They add a little crunch and flavor to this Potato Salad.
I like to serve this with spicy buffalo chicken or spicy grilled pork chops.
RANCH POTATO SALAD
- 16 Small New Red Potatoes, skin on- cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Diced Green Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Diced Radishes
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Onion
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. First wash your Potatoes and then quarter them. Because this type of Potato can range in size you may need to cut them smaller. You want them to all be uniform in size so they cook at the same time. Nothing worse than a mushy or a hard Potato in your Potato Salad mix. Just make sure they are all in bite size pieces as you see here.
2. Fill a large pot with cold water. Add the Potatoes then place the pot on the stove and bring the Potatoes to a boil. Cook until fork tender but still al dente. Pour the Potatoes and water into a colander in your sink and rinse them under cold water until cooled. This will stop the cooking process so the Potatoes don’t get overdone and become mushy.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the Mayo, Sour Cream and the Ranch seasoning packet.
4. In a large bowl add the Green Pepper, Green Onion and the Radishes.
5. Now fold in the Potatoes and the Ranch Dressing.
6. Give your Pepper Mill a few good turns over the Potato Salad and stir one last time. Now cover the Potato Salad and let it chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Stir the Potato Salad prior to serving.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker