Pork Chop Oven Bake
This simplistic comfort food is easy to prepare and makes your Pork very moist, you won’t even need a knife.
I am not a fan of canned Cream Style Corn however in this case, it enhances the Pork flavor and aids in keeping the Pork superbly moist and tender. When cooking the Pork Chops, put a few Baking Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes in the oven to cook at the same time. The Cream Style Corn turns into a gravy consistency which is fabulous on top of the Baked Potatoes and or on top of the Chops.
This is a great meal to make on a cold day. While the Pork Chops are baking, the aroma will have your family waiting by the stove for their dinner!
PORK CHOP OVEN BAKE
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 4 Slices of Yellow or Red Onion
- 2 Cans Cream Style Corn
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Salt and Pepper the Pork Chops. Add the oil to a cast iron skillet on your stove top on high heat, quickly sear the Pork Chops.
3. Place the Onion Slices in an 8 x 8 baking dish and top each Onion Slice with a Pork Chop as you see here.
4. Pour both cans of Cream Corn over the top of the Pork Chops, then give a few turns of the Pepper mill over all. Kind of looks like we are baking a cake!
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 1/2 an hour.
7. When the baking time is up, remove the baking dish from the oven and let it stand for 2 minutes as it will be very hot and bubbly.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker