One Skillet Chicken And Green Beans
One Skillet, one great meal!
You don’t have to dirty several pans to make a great home cooked meal. With this meal there is very little clean up. Serve right out of the skillet. No need to transfer to a serving dish.
Fresh ingredients are key but you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Take a few shortcuts like purchasing the Mushrooms pre-sliced and the Green Beans already cleaned.
Serve this with a nice rustic garlic bread and a good merlot for a satisfying and delicious meal.
ONE SKILLET CHICKEN AND GREEN BEANS
- 1 & 1/4 Pounds Chicken Tenders
- 3/4 Pound French Green Beans
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup plus 3/4 Cup Italian Dressing
- 8 Ounces Sliced Organic Mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal Chicken Spice
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Marinate the Chicken in 1/2 Cup of the Italian Dressing in a re-sealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours prior to cooking.
2. In a large skillet sauté the Green Beans in the Olive Oil. Give your a Pepper Mill a few good turns over the Green Beans. Cook the Beans just until al dente, about 5-6 minutes, then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
3. Remove the Chicken from the Marinade and discard the Marinade. Place the Chicken in the same skillet and cook over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of the Chicken Tenders with the Montreal Chicken Seasoning. When the Chicken is done remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the 3/4 Cup Italian Dressing, the Balsamic and the Honey into the same pan. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring well.
5. Add the Mushrooms and Green Beans back into the skillet with the Sauce. Cover the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
6. Now add the Chicken back into the skillet and stir to coat with the Sauce.
7. Now stir in the Tomatoes then sprinkle the Feta on top. Give your Pepper Mill a few good turns over all and your One Skillet Meal is ready to serve!
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker