Make Ahead Roast Beef Sliders
Serve these Sandwich gems at your next gathering!
These Sliders are easy to make and since you make them ahead of time, you can pop them in the oven just prior to company arriving or put them in the oven at half time. They bake for only 12-15 minutes so you can serve them hot.
You might want to double the recipe because these are a real crowd pleaser.
MAKE AHEAD ROAST BEEF SLIDERS
- 1 Pound Sliced Deli Angus Roast Beef
- 1 Dozen Kings Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Stick Butter plus 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1. Saute Onions and 1 Tablespoon Butter in a large skillet over medium/low heat until caramelized.
2. Set the Onions aside and allow them to cool.
3. Time to assemble the Sliders. Separate the Sandwich Rolls and slice them in half. Place the bottoms in a 9 x 13 pan as you see here.
4. Next place the Beef on each Roll. I used about one slice of Beef, folded on each Roll. This is where you will need to judge how much Beef to put on each Roll. The Beef can be in many different sizes depending on how your deli slices it. You are most likely going to use the whole pound of sliced Beef so just try and disburse it evenly between all the Sliders, try not to have the Beef hanging over the sides. I simply just fold it to fit on each Roll. Next Cut each slice of Cheese into 4 pieces. Place 2 pieces of Cheese on each Slider as you see here.
5. Now we are going to add the Caramelized Onions on top of the Cheese.
6. Now place the top of the Rolls on the Sliders.
7. In a small saucepan melt the remaining Butter over low heat. Add in the Garlic Powder, Worcestershire, and the Beef Base. Stir well until the Beef Base is dissolved, then remove from heat.
8. Now using a pastry brush, brush the Butter evenly over the tops of the Sandwiches, let it run down the sides of the Sandwiches. Continue until you have used all the Butter mixture. If you don’t have a pastry brush, just spoon the Butter mixture over the tops of the Sliders.
9. Cover the Sandwiches with foil. Tip: I spray the underside of the foil with cooking spray to prevent it from sticking to the tops of the Sandwiches.
10. Now place the Sliders in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or even overnight if you wish.
11. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the foil and place the Sliders in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes. All ovens cook differently so look for the Cheese to be melted and the tops should be golden brown as you see here.
Serve these Sliders with Chips and Pickles. They won’t last long!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker