Low Carb White Russian
Being on a Low Carb diet doesn’t mean you have to give up all of your favorite beverages.
My husband and I have been eating low carb to lose a few pounds and he was really craving a sweet adult beverage. There is so much sugar in those types of cocktails and it mainly stems from the liqueur that is added to them. So I decided to come up with a mock Kahlua which is one of the ingredients we need for this drink. I really don’t like using the “fake” sugars so I decided to use Stevia in this recipe. I think if I paired this side by side with a regular White Russian, you could not tell the difference, it is fantastic!
LOW CARB WHITE RUSSIAN RECIPE
- 1/4 Cup VERY STRONG Coffee
- 3 Shots Vodka
- 1 Ounce Brandy
- 5 Packets Stevia In The Raw
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1. Prepare your Coffee. I purchased instant Coffee packets and I used 1 packet to make only 1/4 Cup of Coffee and normally it would be for a whole cup, but if you want to brew up a batch just make it double or triple strength. We are trying to get the flavor of Kahlua which has a very strong Coffee flavor.
2. Add the Stevia and Vanilla to the hot Coffee and let it cool. This will make enough mock Kahlua for 2 drinks.
3. Fill 2 short cocktail glasses with ice. Pour 1 & 1/2 Shots of Vodka in each glass over the ice.
4. Next pour 1 & 1/2 shots of our mock Kahlua over the ice in each glass and 1/2 ounce Brandy in each glass.
5. Slowly pour 1/4 cup of the Heavy Cream over the top in each glass.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker