Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Casserole With Ham And Broccoli
If you have never used Spaghetti Squash in your Recipes, it’s a great Low Carb substitute for many things.
In this dish we are using it instead of hash browns. Frankly my husband didn’t even know the difference!
This Casserole is great to serve for Brunch or even a midweek Dinner.
LOW CARB SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE WITH HAM AND BROCCOLI
- 1 Whole Spaghetti Squash, medium size
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced Ham
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pimentos
- 3 Stems Green Onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Slice the Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise and clean out the seeds and fibers. It is sort of like cleaning out a pumpkin.
3. Place the Spaghetti Squash Halves in the oven, cut side up and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Remove the Spaghetti Squash from the oven and let cool, then remove the Squash from the shell by scraping it out with a fork. It will resemble Spaghetti or shredded hash browns as you remove it, therefore the name!
5. Time to assemble the Casserole! Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
6. Spread the Spaghetti Squash evenly in the bottom of your baking dish.
7. Drizzle the Melted Butter over the Spaghetti Squash and season with Black Pepper.
8. Next add the Broccoli, Green Onions and Pimento to the pan spreading them out evenly on the Spaghetti Squash layer.
9. For the next layer, add the Ham.
10. Sprinkle the Cheese evenly over the Ham layer.
11. In a small mixing bowl whisk the Eggs, Half & Half, Mrs. Dash and the Pepper, then pour the mixture over the ingredients in the casserole.
12. Bake the Casserole in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
13. Remove Casserole from oven and sprinkle with Parsley to garnish.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker