Low Carb Lemon Bars
Serve these Low Carb Lemon Bars with Fresh Raspberries and a dollop of Whipped Cream.
Who doesn’t love a good Lemon Bar? Many of us give up a lot of treats when on a low carb eating plan. There are ways to still make some of your favorite desserts. You can eat what you love just by making a few changes.
If you live in an area where you can get freshly picked Lemons, they would be perfect for this recipe. I love the smell of a fresh Lemons as you zest them.
Here is my recipe for Low Carb Lemon Bars.
LOW CARB LEMON BARS
Lemon Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Stevia In The Raw
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Zest
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 Tablespoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 Stick (8 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 2 & 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Stevia In The Raw
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the Butter on lowest heat setting.
4. Stir in the Almond Flour, Lemon Zest and Stevia with a fork. Make sure everything is well combined.
5. Press the Crust/Dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. The Crust/Dough should go up the sides slightly, about 1/2 inch or so.
6. Bake the Crust in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Time to make the Lemon Filling. In a medium saucepan, melt the Butter over lowest heat setting. Remove the pan from the stove and whisk in the Stevia. Nest whisk in the Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest.
8. Slowly whisk in the Egg Yolks and return the saucepan to the stovetop. Over low heat, continue to whisk in the Egg Yolks and also add in the Xanthan Gum and the Gelatin. Whisk until all the ingredients are dissolved and the Filling has thickened.
9. Pour the Filling evenly over the baked Crust. Place the baking dish back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes remove the Lemon Bars from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
Use the foil to lift the Bars out of the pan. Peel off the foil and cut the Bars into 2 x 2 squares. Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker