Low Carb Chocolate Covered Coconut Bites
Coconut and Chocolate without all the carbs!
These are a delicious treat for those of you counting carbs. They reminded me a lot of the Mounds candy bar.
If you are trying to stay away from sugar, but are craving candy, give this recipe a try. It is very easy and no baking.
LOW CARB CHOCOLATE COVERED COCONUT BITES
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Flake Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Milk Solid
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Stevia In The Raw
- 4 Ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1. Melt the Coconut Oil in a microwave safe measuring cup in the microwave. Should take 30 seconds or less.
2. In a medium size bowl add the Coconut Milk solid. When you open the Coconut Milk can, you will notice there is a watery part and a solid part. For this recipe we are using the solid part. Don’t throw the liquid or remaining solid away. It is great to add to smoothies or whip up into cream.
3. Next add the Vanilla, 2 Tablespoona Stevia and the melted Coconut Oil. Whisk together until combined.
4. Now whisk in the Coconut.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm. Check it every few minutes. You don’t want to refrigerate it too long because the Coconut mixture will get solid and then you won’t be able to work with it. If this happens, just pop the bowl in the microwave for a few seconds to get the right consistency back.
6. Remove the Coconut mixture from the refrigerator and begin to make small oval shapes. They should be about the size of a malted milk ball egg. You should get 16 oval shapes. Set them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Melt the Chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Check at 30 second intervals and stir until the Chocolate is completely melted. Don’t over do it or you can compromise the Chocolate. Once the Chocolate is melted, stir in the 1/4 Cup Stevia In The Raw, in small increments, while constantly stirring.
8. Quickly dip the Coconut ovals in the Melted Chocolate. Lift them out with a spoon or fork and place them back on the parchment.
9. Place the tray in the refrigerator or freezer until the Chocolate is firm. Should only take about 10-15 minutes.
Transfer the Chocolate Covered Coconut Bites to a serving tray or store in an airtight container.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker