Lemon Basil Pasta Salad Recipe
The flavors in this Pasta Salad are elegant yet this dish is so easy to make.
Sometimes less is more. The red and green colors are highlighted against the Pasta and the texture of course Pepper and Parmesan Cheese paint a lovely picture.
A hint of Lemon really adds to the flavor of this dish. Enjoy this with a nice buttery Chardonnay and a hearty crusty bread on the side. Great for a luncheon or a light summertime dinner on the veranda.
Penne Pasta is what I selected to use in this recipe. Whenever I work with or eat Penne I often think of the many different pronunciations I have heard for this type of pasta, from penny to just plain pen. I think in the Italian language all the letters are pronounced so I have always said pen-neh. Maybe I need to consult Giada De Laurentiss on this one!
Here is the recipe:
LEMON BASIL PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- 1 Pound Penne Pasta
- Juice and Zest from 1 Large Lemon
- 1 & 1/2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, chiffonade-loosely packed
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1. Cook Penne according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl add the Penne, Lemon Juice and Zest, Cherry Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, and Basil, then give a few good turns of your Pepper Mill over all. With a large spoon or spatula, fold all the ingredients together.
3. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Remove Pasta from refrigerator about 15-20 minutes before serving and also give it a good stir.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker