Kahlua Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Super Moist layered Brownies!
This recipe almost tastes like we have combined soft Peanut Butter Cookies with Moist Fudge Brownies. The Kahlua flavor is not very prominent. It helps to keep these Brownies moist and the slight coffee flavor just enhances the Chocolate and Peanut Butter flavors.
- 1 (18.4 oz.) Box Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 Cup Kahlua plus 2 Tablespoons
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 8 Ounce Cream Cheese, softened (you can use low fat if you wish)
- 2/3 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Sugar plus 2 Teaspoons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non stick baking spray and set aside.
3. With a handheld mixer beat the Cream Cheese, 1/3 Cup Sugar, 1 Egg and 2 Tablespoons Kahlua until smooth and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl stir together the Brownie mix, 1/4 Cup Kahlua, 2 Eggs, and 2/3 Cup Oil until well combined.
5. Spread half the Brownie Batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
6. Spread the Cream Cheese mixture evenly over the Brownie Batter layer.
7. Drop the remaining Brownie Batter by spoonfuls on top of the Cream Cheese layer as you see here.
8. Now take a knife and swirl the Brownie Batter into the Cream Cheese layer as you see here. This will give us a marbled effect on top.
9. Now sprinkle the Peanut Butter Chips on top.
10. Bake the Brownies for 30-35 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check the Brownies at the 20 minute mark. When you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean, the Brownies are done.
11. Once the Brownies are done, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle 2 Teaspoons Sugar on top.
12. Allow the Brownies to cool completely before cutting. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker