How To Quickly Chill Wine Or Champagne
Forgot to chill the Wine before your guests arrived? Unexpected company pops by or you have an impromptu celebration and the Champagne or Wine has not been chilled?
You can quickly chill your Wine before serving.
Here is how you do it:
1. Place the bottle of Champagne or Wine in a Wine Chiller or Ice Bucket. If you don’t have a Wine Chiller or Ice Bucket, you can use another container. Look around your kitchen, perhaps you can use a crock or large bowl or a tall container with enough room for the Wine bottle and Ice.
2. Put a layer if Ice Cubes in the bottom of the container you are going to use.
3. Now, sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt on the ice. Salt is key to speeding up the chilling process.
4. Continue to layer the Salt and Ice until it reaches the neck of the bottle.
5. Add water to the ice bucket just to the level of the ice. The Salt will lower the temperature of the Water which allows the Bottle to cool faster.
6. Let the Wine or Champagne chill for about 10-15 minutes in the container. Twist the bottle occasionally to move the water around.
~ Another tip….put the Wine or Champagne glasses in the freezer, while waiting for the Wine or Champagne to chill. The chilled glasses will help keep the temperature at a proper chilled level.
Tip From: Hot Dish Homemaker