Holiday Pecan Pie Recipe
Pecan Pie is a traditional Pie that is often served for the Holidays.
It is quite easy to make and don’t forget to whip up a batch of Whipped Cream to serve along side of your Pie!
HOLIDAY PECAN PIE RECIPE
- 1 Pie Crust for a 9 inch Pie
- 1 3/4 Cups Pecan Pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. First prepare your Pie Crust, whether you make your own or buy the pre-made Pie Crust dough, line a 9 inch Pie Pan with the Pie Crust Dough, don’t bake it yet! Set it aside until we are ready to add the filling.
3. Next, let’s toast the Pecans. Place the Pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 Degrees for about 10 minutes. Then allow Pecans to cool. (leave the oven on, and at the same temp for baking the pie)
4. Combine the Eggs, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Butter, Vanilla and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until blended, then add the Pecans.
5. Pour the mixture into your 9 inch unbaked Pie Crust. Now crimp and finish off the edges on your Pie Crust edge.
6. Bake the Pie for 55 minutes or until it is set. After about 15-20 minutes of baking, check the Crust for browning. You can use a pie ring or aluminium foil to protect the edge of the Crust from getting too brown.
~Serve this pie with home made Whipped Cream and you will have a delightful dessert for your Holiday table!
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker