Grilled Baby Back Ribs
These Ribs are super moist and tender!
The key to preparing great grilled Ribs is to slow roast them in the oven first, then finish them off on the grill.
Using this method, your Ribs will be so moist and tender that the meat will fall off the bones.
GRILLED BABY BACK RIBS
- Two (2 Pound) Slabs Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I use Rudolph’s)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees.
2. Cut each Slab of Ribs in half creating 4 Slabs.
3. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir well with a fork. This is going to be our dry rub for the Ribs.
4. Rub each Rack of Ribs with the Dry Rub. Be sure to cover all sides.
5. Now we need to wrap those Ribs up in foil. Don’t skimp here. We want a nice tight seal to retain the moisture. Each Rack needs to be wrapped individually. I use 2 pieces of foil for each Rack. One on the bottom and one on top, then I seal the edges tightly.
6. You will need 2 large baking sheets. Place 2 Racks of Ribs on each. We are doing this because as the Ribs cook, the fat breaks down and may leak out of the foil packet, and we want them to roast evenly.
7. Bake the Ribs in the pre-heated oven for 2 & 1/2 hours. Don’t open the foil and peek at the Ribs. Set the timer and let them slow roast in the foil.
8. When the timer goes off, remove the Ribs from the oven. Open the foil packets slowly, as steam will escape.
9. You will not believe how good they smell at this point!
10. Fire up your gas grill with the setting on high.
11. Grill the Ribs for 3 minutes on each side. Then brush them liberally with the BBQ Sauce, allow the Sauce to caramelize which should only take another minute or two, don’t leave them on the grill too long after you put the sauce on or they will burn.
Serve the Ribs with your favorite sides. Coleslaw, cornbread, corn on the cob, potato salad or beans…they all pair well with these delicious Ribs.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker