Frozen Flourless Spiced Dessert Bars
These Bars are perfect for a warm Autumn day.
As we transition into Fall, there are still quite a few very warm days. I decided to incorporate the spicy essence of the season into some creamy, delicious frozen Bars.
Did I mention there is no baking? Who wants to turn the oven on when the temperatures are still in the 80’s?
Merely add a dollop of Whipped Cream and you have a sweet, chilly treat to serve!
FROZEN FLOURLESS SPICED DESSERT BARS
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
1. Line a 6 x 9 pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a hand mixer, blend together the Applesauce, Almond Butter, Coconut Oil, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and the Maple Syrup until smooth.
3. Stir in the Pecans and Raisins.
4. Pour the Batter into the prepared pan.
5. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
6. When the Dessert Bars are frozen, remove them from the freezer. Lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Remove the parchment paper and slice the bars into 2 inch squares.
7. Serve these delicious Bars frozen, with a dollop of Whipped Cream and a fork of course!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker