Frosty Frozen Yogurt For Dogs Recipe
Dogs love to have a nice cool treat every once in a while too! This Recipe is a take on the packaged product, for dogs, found in the ice cream section at the grocery store. Why not be safe and make your Dog’s frozen treats at home? It is cheaper to make and you know EXACTLY what all the ingredients are and where it’s been made…with love in your own kitchen!
The ingredients in this Frozen Yogurt are good for your Dog. The Pumpkin provides a good source of fiber, beta/carotene and vitamin A. The Yogurt is high in calcium and protein. Peanut Butter is a good source of protein and it contains heart healthy fats, vitamin B, niacin and vitamin E.
FROSTY FROZEN YOGURT FOR DOGS RECIPE
- 28 Ounces Plain All Natural or Organic Yogurt
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
1. Peel the Bananas and cut into chunks and throw them in your blender.
2. Add the Peanut Butter to the blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
3. Add the Yogurt to the blender and blend on high until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
4. Time to freeze! Get small individual containers with lids for small cup size servings or you can put the entire mixture in one large container. You can even put the mixture in ice cube trays as well for small individual treats, just be sure to cover the tray with plastic wrap. Freeze over night or until solid.
- I choose to freeze mine in one large container because I have a small dog and she only eats small portions at a time. The Yogurt does freeze very solid so you may need to let it sit a few minutes before scooping it out. Or try using an ice cream scoop warmed by running under hot water, it will scoop the Frozen Yogurt out just like butter!
~Your Dog may like and want your Ice Cream but it is full of sugar and additives. This is much healthier for them and they will love it! Don’t use this recipe as a meal replacement though. It is just a treat for your Dog!
Hope your Dog’s enjoy it!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker