Frosted Strawberry Cake
This is a delicious easy to make Strawberry Cake.
With the help of a box cake mix, and some fresh Strawberries, this dessert will be a big hit. This Cake is VERY moist and the Frosting is sweet and creamy.
This Cake is perfect for any Holiday since it is very colorful, but you could make it almost anytime. In fact, after you serve it once, I am sure you will get requests to make it quite often.
FROSTED STRAWBERRY CAKE
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix
- 1 (3 oz. ) Strawberry Jell-O
- 1 Cup Mashed Strawberries (simply mash them with a fork)
- 1 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 & 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl stir together the dry Cake Mix and the dry Jell-O.
4. Add the Oil, Water, Eggs and Mashed Strawberries to the dry mixture. Using a handheld mixer, blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
5. Pour the Cake Batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. All ovens cook differently so check your cake at about the 20 minute mark and add more baking time as needed.
6. Cool Cake completely prior to frosting.
7. Time to make the Frosting! In a medium size bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the Butter until creamy.
8. Add the Half & Half and Vanilla into the Butter and blend together.
9. Next add in the Powdered Sugar. Add just a small portion at a time or your kitchen will be dusted in Sugar!
10. Now add the Jam to the Frosting and blend until creamy. If your Frosting is not thick enough, you can add in another 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar.
11. Frost the completely cooled Cake and you are ready to serve!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker