English Toffee Bits Cookies
These Cookies are chewy and are loaded with delicious English Toffee Bits.
Who doesn’t love Toffee? Buttery, nutty flavored goodness! For these Cookies I am using the Chocolate covered Toffee Bits to give these little Cookie gems another flavor level.
Wrap some of these up for a hostess gift or serve them with your afternoon tea!
ENGLISH TOFFEE BITS COOKIES
- 1 (8 oz.) Package Milk Chocolate English Toffee Bits
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 & 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, stir together the Flour, Baking Soda and Salt. Set aside.
3. In a Large mixing bowl, cream together the Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar and the Almond Flavoring.
4. Add in the Eggs, mixing until well combined.
5. Slowly stir in the Flour mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula. The Cookie Dough will begin to come together. Stir until all the Flour is combined as you see here.
6. Now stir in the English Toffee Bits.
7. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Roll the Dough into 1 inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other as you see here. We are going to bake the cookies in batches, since this recipe yields about 56 Cookies. You can put two cookie sheets in the oven at the same time if you have two of them.
9. Bake the Cookies for 8-10 minutes. Check them at 8 minutes. You want the bottom to be light golden brown. If you over bake these Cookies, they will be more of a crunchy cookie. They are still great tasting but I feel these Cookies are best when they are a bit softer, and chewy.
10. When the Cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them stand on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Then transfer the Cookies to a cookie cooling rack to cool completely.
11. Store these Cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker