Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Assembling these Chicken Enchiladas is quite easy, especially since we are using Rotisserie Chicken in this recipe.
Use whatever type of Tortillas you prefer to create this Mexican inspired dish.
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADA RECIPE
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Salsa
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) Can Green Chilies
- About 10 six inch Tortillas (you can use flour, corn or wheat)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (you can use a Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheddar)
- 1 (2.25 oz.) Can Sliced Black Olives
- 1/4 Green Onions, Diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 1/2 Cup of the Enchilada Sauce into the bottom of a 13 x 9 dish, set aside.
3. Put the Cream Cheese and Salsa in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the Cream Cheese has melted and blended with the Salsa.
4. Add the Chicken, Chilies and Beans to the Salsa mixture and stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes then remove from stovetop.
5. Time to assemble the Enchiladas. Put 1/2 cup of the Chicken mixture down the middle of each Tortilla then roll up the Tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
6. Now spread the remaining Enchilada Sauce over the top of the rolled Tortillas in the baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the Cheese over the top of the Enchiladas, then sprinkle the Black Olives and Green Onions over the Cheese.
8. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check the Enchiladas at 20 minutes. They should be heated through, the cheese melted and the sauce a little bubbly.
~Serve your Enchiladas with Shredded Lettuce, Sour Cream and additional Salsa. Mexican Corn is a great side dish to prepare and serve with your Enchiladas.
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker