Easy Caramel Carrot Cake
Use a box Cake mix and add a little Caramel, then top your Cake off with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting for a great easy dessert!
You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry. A semi-homemade dessert is always better than packaged or frozen. Nothing like the aroma of a Cake baking in the oven.
Get the kids involved. They can help with the mixing or even poking the holes in the Cake. Learning how to bake is a great skill and starting off with easy semi-homemade Desserts or Cakes is a great place to start.
EASY CARAMEL CARROT CAKE
- 1 Box Carrot Cake Mix
- 8 Ounce Cream Cheese, softened (you can use fat free or lowfat if you like)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 12.25 Ounce Jar Caramel Topping
1. Prepare and bake Carrot Cake as directed on package/box.
2. When the Carrot Cake is done, allow it to cool for about 15 minutes then poke holes in the cake using a wooden spoon handle only going about half way into the Cake as shown in the picture here.
3. Next, reserve 1/2 Cup of the Caramel Topping for the Frosting. Pour the remaining Caramel Topping into the holes in the Cake as shown here.
4. Let the Cake completely cool.
5. Time to make the Frosting. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Cream Cheese and Butter with a hand mixer.
6. Add in the vanilla and Caramel Topping and mix together well.
7. Slowly add the Powdered Sugar 1 cup at a time and blend on low speed or you will have a white Powdered Sugar dust storm in your kitchen.
8. Add the Milk to the Frosting and mix until the Frosting has a smooth consistency.
9. Frost the Cake. If you have leftover Frosting, you can put it in the freezer and use it another time.
10. Put the Caramel Carrot Cake in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving to set the Cream Cheese Frosting.
11. Your Cake is now ready to be served! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- You can see here in the picture that the Caramel seeps down into the Carrot Cake making it very moist and adding that great Caramel flavor.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker