This recipe just couldn’t be any easier, yet it creates such a creamy flavor and really makes the sweet corn flavor shine.
I get a lot of compliments on this side dish and requests for the recipe.
I remember as a kid absolutely hating Creamed Corn, of course it was served from a can which did not help the taste much. It was so mushy and resembled glue as far as texture.
Creamed Corn originated in the Midwest where I am from so it surprises me that there wasn’t some family recipe that had been served for meals and passed down to generations.
This recipe is fantastic and nothing like the kind of Creamed Corn you get in a can. Even the kids are gonna LOVE this!
As an added bonus, this is prepared in your slow cooker so it frees up space on your stovetop. This is great to serve for the Holidays with Turkey, Ham or Pork Tenderloin.
CREAMED CORN RECIPE
- 1- (16oz.) Packages of Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1- (8oz.) Container Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Chives for Garnish
1. Butter the interior of your slow cooker.
2. Place the first 4 ingredients in your slow cooker, then give a few turns of your Pepper mill over all. Lightly stir together the ingredients.
3. Set the temperature on LOW for about 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Look for all the ingredients to be creamy and blended together.
4. When done cooking, stir again to combine all the ingredients before transferring to your serving dish, or if you are having a buffet, you can serve right from the slow cooker. Add a few chopped Chives to the top for garnish.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker