Cream Cheese with White Chocolate Cookies
Try a new twist on the old standard Sugar Cookie.
This recipe creates a light airy textured Cookie. The addition of White Chocolate drizzled on top, adds just the right amount of sweetness.
I dug out my antique Cookie cutters for this one and my favorite are the Moon and Star. Although my star shape cutter was a little dented, probably from all the use over the years, it still has many more years of use to go!
My Cookie cutters are approximately 3 inches in size so if you end up using a different size cutter, your yield will be slightly different.
I was looking for a bright blue colored sugar for my Star Cookies but was unable to find at the market. Of course, I was shopping around Christmas time and baking items sometimes sell quickly and I guess they ran out of my color choice. Luckily, I found a blue multi colored sugar and it ended up working out just fine.
Here is the recipe:
CREAM CHEESE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 & 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Ounces Premium White Baking Chocolate
- Colored Decorating Sugars
1. In a medium size bowl combine the Flour and Salt, set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Butter, Cream Cheese and Yolk, with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in the Almond Extract and Vanilla.
4. Next stir in the Flour mixture using a wooden spoon. Slowly add in the Milk until dough starts to form and all the flour is blended in.
5. Once your Dough has come together, shape it into 2 round disc shapes and wrap in plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate the Dough for an hour.
7. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
8. Remove the Dough from the refrigerator and let sit 8-10 minutes while preparing your surface to make cutout shapes.
9. On a lightly floured surface begin to roll out the Dough with a rolling pin. Dough should be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
10. Cut out desired shapes and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
11. Sprinkle the Cookies with Colored Sugars. I used gold on my Moon Cookies and a Blue multi shade on my Star Cookies.
12. Bake the Cookies for 8-10 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check the Cookies at 8 minutes. You are looking for a light golden brown color. My oven took about 12 minutes.
13. When Cookies are done, transfer them to a Cookie cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
14. Next melt the White Chocolate according to package directions. I melted mine in a double boiler. The package will give you several options on how to melt it properly.
15. Next we are going to drizzle the White Chocolate on top of the Cookies. Simply use a fork or spoon to do this using quick back and forth motions.
16. Allow the Chocolate to set/dry on the Cookies before storing. This type of Cookie does not stack well so store in a single layer. You don’t want all your decorating to come off your Cookies!
Yield is about 5 Dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutters.
These cookies are flaky and yummy! You will not have any left overs!
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker