Coconut Chicken Strips
Looking for an appetizer recipe? Try this easy, bake in the oven, Coconut Chicken Recipe with Dipping Sauce!
COCONUT CHICKEN STRIPS
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Coconut
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Teaspoons Honey Dijon Mustard
- Dipping Sauce (recipe to follow)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix Dijon Mustard with Eggs in a bowl
3. Mix Coconut and Panko Bread Crumbs in a separate bowl
4. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
5. Dredge the Chicken Strips in the Egg mixture followed by dredging in the Coconut mixture, then place Chicken Strips tightly together on the prepared baking sheet
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until Chicken is done and coating starts to turn golden brown
7. Serve with Dipping Sauce
DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 Cup Apricot Preserves
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave, to heat for about 2 minutes, then whisk the Sauce again.
And there you have it Coconut Chicken Strips! No deep frying and this is a recipe your kids will love as well!
Recipe By: Hot Dish Homemaker