Chocolate Raspberry Mini Pound Cake Desserts
I love Mini Desserts! Sometimes having a big filling Dessert is overkill after a big meal. Try making Mini Desserts. This is an easy Recipe using store bought Pound Cake.
For this Recipe we are using Pound Cake and it needs to be frozen. Sure I could make my own Pound Cake and you can also for this Recipe however. You can buy Pound Cake in the freezer section at your grocer, and it is quite good so I opt for using the store bought to save a step or two.
I wondered why it is called Pound Cake. Was it meant to weigh a pound? Out of curiosity, I had to look it up. I found out Pound Cake dates back to the 1700’s and I guess they made it with 1 Pound Of Four, 1 Pound of Sugar and 1 Pound of Butter. So that is why they called it Pound Cake.
CHOCOLATE RASBERRY POUND CAKE MINI DESSERTS
- 1 Pound Cake Loaf, frozen
- 1 Cup Raspberry Fruit Spread
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Ounces White Chocolate
- Gold Cupcake Sprinkles (optional)
1. Heat the Raspberry Fruit Spread in a small pan over low heat until it is pourable. Then pour into a strainer to remove all the seeds. Let it cool slightly.
2. After the Fruit Spread has cooled, cut the frozen Pound Cake in half lengthwise as you see here. Using a pastry brush, apply the Raspberry Fruit Spread on both halves of the Pound cake. The Cake has less crumbles when you cut it frozen.
3. Now put the halves back together and slice into 12 little Mini Cakes.
4. Place the Mini Pound Cakes on a wire rack on a baking sheet or tray.
5. Place the Dark Chocolate Morsels in a medium size glass bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the Whipping Cream to a boil then pour the Whipping Cream over the Chocolate Morsels in the bowl and stir well. Next add in the Butter and continue to stir until the Morsels are all melted and the mixture is smooth and has come together. Remove from heat and let cool just slightly.
6. The messy part is next! Ladle the warm mixture over each individual Mini Frozen Cake. This is going to be our frosting for the Mini Cakes. Because the Cake is cold, the Frosting sticks better, and it won’t make the Cake mushy.
7. Put the tray in the refrigerator to set the Frosting before the next step.
8. Melt the White Chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Remove the tray of Mini Cakes from the refrigerator. Using a spoon drizzle the White Chocolate on the tops of the Mini Pound Cakes.
9. Lastly, you can add just a little sprinkle of the Gold cupcake sprinkles on top for a little pizazz but it isn’t necessary. Pop the tray back in the refrigerator to set the White Chocolate.
~And there you have it Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake Mini Desserts. Perfect for after dinner with the Coffee service.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker