Chive And Bacon Potato Salad
Chives and Bacon are the stars in this Potato Salad recipe.
Hopefully you have some Chives in your garden that you can use for this dish. Fresh is best!
There are many variations on Potato Salad. I make many different versions and have several of my recipes on my blog. Everyone has their tried and true “go to” recipe but don’t get stuck in a rut. Try a new Potato Salad recipe every once in a while.
CHIVE AND BACON POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- 5 Cups Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 5 Bacon Slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 Cup plus extra for garnish Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Peppercorn Ranch Dressing
- 2-3 Tablespoons Buttermilk (whole or low fat milk is ok to use as well)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Dash of Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Add about 3 Quarts of cold Water with a dash of Salt to a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat on the stovetop.
2. When the Water is boiling, add in the Potatoes and bring the water back to a boil. Here is the important part-WATCH the Potatoes closely because they will cook fast since they are in bite size pieces. You do not want them to be over done so look for them to be Al dente then immediately remove them from the heat, and transfer to a colander, and rinse allow the Potatoes to cool.
3. Lets make the dressing. In a small mixing bowl add the Mayo, Peppercorn Ranch Dressing, Garlic Salt, Milk and Pepper. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. You should be able to see the Pepper in this dressing. Add a bit more if it looks light and whisk again.
4. In a large bowl, add the Potatoes, Chives and the Bacon. Gently fold in the Dressing. Make sure all the ingredients are coated well.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
6. When ready to serve, garnish the Potato Salad with additional Chives on top.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker