Cheesy Layered Potatoes
Oh so Cheesy Layered Potatoes!
I used Klondike Goldust Potatoes in this recipe. They are buttery and silky smooth. You can use good old russett potatoes as well for this recipe.
Whenever I make this Potato side dish I rarely have any leftovers. It is great to pair with Ham or a roasted Pork Loin.
CHEESY LAYERED POTATOES
- 6 Cups Thinly Sliced Potatoes (I used Klondike Goldust)
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, diced
- 2 Ounces Diced Pimentos
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rub a 9″ two quart casserole dish with the Butter.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the Cream of Mushroom Soup and the Half & Half. Then stir in the Green Onions and the Pimentos. Give your Pepper Mill a few good turns over all and stir to combine ingredients.
4. Time to layer our Potatoes. First layer is Potatoes. Create an even layer of the Potatoes overlapping so there are no gaps. Now top the first layer of Potatoes with about 1/4 cup of the Soup mixture. Now sprinkle 1/4 cup Swiss Cheese and then 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese evenly over all. Repeat layers and end with Cheese layer on top. You should have about 4 layers.
5. Cover the dish and bake for 1 hour. All ovens cook differently so check your Potatoes around the 40 minute mark. The sauce should be bubbly, Potatoes fork tender and the Cheese melted.
6. Once the Potatoes are done, remove the cover and pop the dish back in the oven for 10 more minutes. This will make the Cheese on top nice and bubbly.
I sprinkle mine with a little extra green onion on top for garnish prior to serving. You could also serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker