Bacon Pimento Cornbread Muffins
I decided to make Cornbread Muffins at the last minute to go along side Wings that my husband was grilling and Greens that his Uncle had made.
Since it was last minute, I didn’t have all the ingredients to make Cornbread Muffins from scratch but I did have a box mix in the cupboard.
After perusing the refrigerator and pantry, I decided to add Bacon and Pimentos to the mix. It was a good combination and added color and flavor to the box mix Corn Muffins, yet only took an extra few minutes to put it all together. I didn’t have a lot of time so this was quick and so simple yet quite tasty!
Here is the recipe:
BACON PIMENTO CORNBREAD RECIPE
- 1 (8.5 oz.) Box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 (4 oz.) Jar Diced Pimentos
- 4-5 Slices Cooked Bacon, cut into bite size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the Corn Muffin Mix with the Eggs and Milk as directed on the package.
3. Fold in the Pimentos with liquid and the Bacon Pieces.
4. Line a muffin tin with 8 liners. Scoop the Mix evenly divided into the 8 liners.
5. Bake as directed on package. Should take about 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, your muffins are done.
~Serve with Honey and Sweet Cream Butter.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker