Apple Raisin Cookie Crumble Pie
It is Apple season! Time to make a Pie!
The Fall weather really is the best time to enjoy Apples. There are so many varieties to choose from. Hopefully you can get out to a local Apple Orchard and pick up a basket of Apples or even pick your own. Local markets usually offer a variety of locally sourced Apples as well.
If you are lucky enough to have an Apple tree in your yard, this is a great recipe to utilize some of those Apples.
It is so comforting to bake a Pie in the oven now that we have cooler Autumn temperatures. The wonderful aroma will fill your house and your family will be anxiously awaiting for dessert!
APPLE RAISIN COOKIE CRUMBLE PIE
- 7 Cups Thinly Sliced and Peeled Apples (I use Gala or Braeburn)
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 1 (8 oz.) Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
- 1 Pie Crust for a 10″ Pie pan
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
2. Prepare Pie shell, do not bake, set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the Apples, Flour, Sugar, Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves. Stir to coat all the Apples and Raisins.
4. Transfer the Apple Filling into the Pie shell.
5. Dot the Pie Filling with the Butter as you see here.
6. In a medium size bowl, combine the Cookie Crumbs and the Cream Cheese with a fork. Then put the topping on top of the Apple Filling. Lightly press it into place.
7. Cover the Pie with foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the Cookie Topping and Pie Crust are golden brown.
8. Allow the Pie to cool prior to slicing.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker