Aduki Bean Chili Recipe
Aduki Beans, also know as Adzuki or Azuki Beans, are a small reddish brown bean often used in Asian cooking.
They are packed with protein, iron, potassium and magnesium. They are low in calories and low in fat and are also a great source of fiber.
Give them a try if you haven’t done so yet! Here is a recipe to get you started…
ADUKI BEAN CHILI RECIPE
- 2 (15 oz.) Cans Organic Aduki Beans
- 1 (29 oz.) Can Tomato Puree
- 2 (14.5 oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 (6 oz.) Jar Roasted Red Peppers, diced
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Curry Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Sautee Onions with 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat just until translucent, then transfer to your slow cooker.
2. Next brown the Ground Chicken in the same skillet then add it to the slow cooker.
3. Now add all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
4. Cook the Chili on high for approximately 2-1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 6 hours. The new slow cookers or crockpots cook faster and hotter so timing may vary here depending on what type of slow cooker you have.
~Serve the Aduki Bean Chili with shredded cheese, diced green onions and sour cream to top it off! Make sure to also serve assorted crackers or a good rustic bread with this dish.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker